Big Block Chevy
Big Block Chevy Gear Drive
Shaver-Wesmar has added another product to its line. This new gear drive is modeled after our popular and indestructible small block gear drive. The current cam thrust system that you find in our SBC gear drives is also incorporated in the BBC gear drives.
• Frame and timing cover made from 6061T6 billet aluminum
• Precision cut gears made from 9130 steel with 20 degrees of pressure angle.
• All gears are REM finished
• Steel idler gear support
• Fits most standard cam location big block Chevy’s and Gen 4 blocks
• Fully adjustable idler gear for mesh adjustment to avoid line boring and honing issues
• Designed to fit most SFI dampeners and aftermarket water pumps. (Some pumps require spacers)
CNC Machined Heat Treated Gears with Precision Crown Shaved Teeth for smooth harmonic free operation. The whole unit weighs only 4 1/2 lbs. Comes Complete With Everything You’ll Need!
Made of ultra-light aluminum aircraft alloy. Crack resistant steel idler gear support. Gears precision cut from 9310 steel, with no more than a .001 total run out with 20 degrees pressure angle. Highly adjustable and easy to install.
Established by Ron Shaver and Bob Westphal in 1994 with over 70 years combined experience. Used by top engine builders, most reliable gear drive on market